Source: Allison McGaha
In memory of: Juanita Steedly
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (not enriched)
- 1/3 bag mini chocolate chips
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix together oats, sugar, flax seed, flour, chocolate chips and salt.
Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla.
Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.
- Can substitute cinnamon and raisins for the chocolate chips if desired.
- Can also add 2 Tbsp peanut butter