Recipe donated by: Cindy Zomar
In memory of Ginny Falcsik and in honor of Dennis Falcsik
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp oleo (butter or margarine)
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint flavoring
- Food coloring (about 10 drops)
- 1 lb. box powdered sugar, sifted (or 4 1/2 cups)
Mix cream cheese, butter or margarine, peppermint and food coloring until well-blended. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Mixture will be very stiff.
Form mints by either:
- Using a cake decorating tube
- Rolling dough out between plastic wrap and using a candy cutter, or
- Pressing dough into candy mold
Place mints on waxed papered cookie sheet, and sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Let stand at room temperature until mints are firm. This recipe can be frozen. Makes 8 – 9 dozen mints.