I am excited to share this recipe with you as part of The Longest Day fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Association. Please consider making a donation to help support research to find a cure!
Recipe donated by: Cindy Zomar
In memory of Ginny Falcsik and in honor of Dennis Falcsik
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp oleo (butter or margarine)
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint flavoring
- Food coloring (about 10 drops)
- 1 lb. box powdered sugar, sifted (or 4 1/2 cups)
Mix cream cheese, butter or margarine, peppermint and food coloring until well-blended. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Mixture will be very stiff.
Form mints by either:
- Using a cake decorating tube
- Rolling dough out between plastic wrap and using a candy cutter, or
- Pressing dough into candy mold
Place mints on waxed papered cookie sheet, and sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Let stand at room temperature until mints are firm. This recipe can be frozen. Makes 8 – 9 dozen mints.
Looking for more great recipes? Sign up to receive all the recipes from my annual fundraiser, The New Moon Bake-a-thon to support the Alzheimer’s Association! We bake all day long on the summer solstice (June 20th) to raise funds for research and patient care. All recipes are provided FREE on the website (donations optional, but always welcome!) and now you can get ALL of the recipes from the day delivered to your inbox in one handy-dandy e-book. Sign up today to get it – free!