I am excited to share this recipe for Eggplant Rollatini with you as part of The Longest Day fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Association. Please consider making a donation to help support research to find a cure!
Recipe donated by: Cindy Zomar
In memory of: Virginia Falcsik
Recipe adapted from: Allrecipes!
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 Cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable or olive oil for frying
- 2 eggplants, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 10oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained, (I use fresh and sauté till slightly wilted)
- 1 28oz jar tomato pasta sauce, divided (I prefer Newman’s own Tomato and Basil)
Preheat oven to 350o
In a shallow bowl, combine 3 eggs, 1 T garlic powder, 1 C Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In a separate shallow bowl, pour the flour.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Dredge eggplant slices in flour, then in the egg mixture, and fry slices in hot oil just till slightly browned. Place on paper towel lined plate to drain.
Combine ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, remaining 1 C Parmesan, remaining 1 T garlic powder, 1 egg, parsley and spinach and mix well.
Spread about 1/3 of sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Place about 2 T of spinach/cheese mixture in center of each eggplant slice and roll up, place in prepared pan, seam side down. Pour remaining sauce over the rolls and top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
Bake 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Looking for more great recipes? Sign up to receive all the recipes from my annual fundraiser, The New Moon Bake-a-thon to support the Alzheimer’s Association! We bake all day long on the summer solstice (June 20th) to raise funds for research and patient care. All recipes are provided FREE on the website (donations optional, but always welcome!) and now you can get ALL of the recipes from the day delivered to your inbox in one handy-dandy e-book. Sign up today to get it – free!